Running multiple printers
One of the advantages of using BuildBee, is that it is able to view and control a number of 3D different printers from a single interface. This also allows you to print to multiple 3D printers off one device.
Step 1 - Name and identify your 3D printers
- Provide each printer with a unique and identifiable name (printers are automatically assigned a name when configured for the first time, but you can change it afterwards
- We also recommend having some way to associate a printer with its name, such as a label, coloured sticker or a custom faceplate
Step 2 - Start a print on the first printer
- Go through the print process as normal for the first print, making sure you select the correct printer with the filament you want to use loaded.
Step 3 - Return to the home screen
- After you select the print button and the model has started to be analysed, return to the home screen by refreshing your browser. This will take you back to the select model page of BuildBee.
Step 4 - Start a print on the next printer
- Go through the print process again and choose a different printer. You will see that any printers that are already printing won't be available.
- Repeat for as many printers as you have!
If using the same account, each printer will all share the same library of models but will be able to run with different settings and complete jobs independently.
You can also use the queuing
functionality in an enterprise subscription to achieve this
Running a print
Once you have BuildBee set up and you have logged into your account, you will be able to run your first 3D print! Step 1 - Choose a model - Firstly, you need to choose what you would like to print. This may be something you have created yourself in a ...
Cancelling a print
Sometimes you may need to cancel one of your prints before it has a chance to finish. You will need the correct right enabled for your account to do this (Enterprise users). Step 1 - Access your printer list - Log in to your BuildBee account. - ...
Setting your BuildBee printer device type
Step 1: Go to BuildBee.com or open BuildBee Desktop This tutorial will work for either BuildBee Desktop or BuildBee.com. You will need to open BuildBee and sign in to your account. Step 2: Go to the Printers page In the top right hand of your screen ...
Introducing: BuildBee Desktop
This information is current for BuildBee Desktop Version 66 What is BuildBee: Desktop BuildBee Desktop is an application in active development which allows you to: Connect your 3D printer directly to the BuildBee cloud without a CloudDock. Use ...
Renaming a printer
After being configured for the first time, your BuildBee CloudDocks are assigned a random name to help identify the 3D printer it is attached to: You may not particularly like the name assigned to your printer, or you may just want to personalise it ...